Descriptions are a bitch when you’re on your third cup of coffee, second red bull and junk food, trying to squeeze that last bit of creativity from your dark dead soul. The easiest of details can be destructive but you’re not alone. We are in this club together. So check out this Master Lists for the best details!
Our personal favorites from the list:
- his eyes widened, his eyes narrowed, his eyes darted, her eyes flickered with…, her forehead creased, his forehead furrowed, he studied, his pupils (were) dilated,
- her nose crinkled, his nose wrinkled, she sneered
- she grinned, she beamed, her mouth curved into a smile, his mouth twitched, he pursed his lips, she pouted, his mouth snapped shut, his jaw tightened, a muscle in her jaw twitched, he gritted his teeth, her lower lip trembled, his lower lip quivered
- she paled, the color drained out of his face, her cheeks turned pink, his face flushed, a flush crept up her face
- she scrunched up her face, he grimaced, her face contorted, his expression dulled, her expression hardened, a vein popped out in his neck, fear crossed her face, sadness clouded his features, recognition dawned on her face.
EYES – PHYSICAL:
- narrow, sharp, round, sunken, protruding, hooded, flecked, dull, bleary, cloudy, red-rimmed, beady, with sweeping eyelashes
- cocoa brown, mahogany, sepia, sienna brown, mink brown, copper, amber, cognac, whiskey, brandy, topaz, obsidian, midnight, cornflower blue, cerulean, storm blue / storm gray, chrome, pewter, dove gray, olive.
- Arched, sparse, faint, thin, bushy.
- amber, copper, deep brown, ebony, honey, pale, pallid, bisque, milk, sallow, olive, russet, tawny
- wrinkled, leathery, drooping, smooth, silken, scaly, luminescent, poreless, dewy, mottled, firm, doughy, pockmarked, weather-beaten.
- Round, oval, elongated, heart-shaped, wolfish, prominent brow bone, sharp cheekbones, hollow cheeks, sculpted, craggy, jutting chin, cleft chin.
- snub, long, broad, pointed, aquiline, Roman, flared, hawk
- thin, narrow, lush, cupid’s bow, rosebud, cracked, moist, glossy. gleaming white teeth
- a few days’ growth of beard, loose, shiny, lustrous, tousled, neatly combed, bushy, lanky, widow’s peak, luxuriant, voluminous, untamed, wispy
- blue-black, raven, inky black, sable, midnight, silver gray, steel gray, ash brown, brown sugar, caramel, toffee brown, auburn, Titian-haired, butterscotch, flaxen, bleached
- tall, petite, burly, beefy, brawny, barrel-chested, pudgy, stout, plush, ample, gangling, lanky, coltish, lithe, trim, willowy, gaunt, wiry, ropy, taut, sloping shoulders.